Experience Chile – a year-round travel destination with endless possibilities for creating unforgettable vacation memories.
Chile’s capital city, Santiago, received the #1 ranking in the New York Times article entitled 41 Places to Go in 2011. As a top travel destination in 2011, they stated:
Read the NY Times travel article about Santiago, Chile here.
Chile boasts of some of the most spectacular wilderness scenery in the world. Its diverse landscapes include deserts, glaciers, lakes, the ocean, rivers, volcanoes, hot springs, beaches, mountains, and forests. Along with the natural beauty are its people, traditions, foods, and, of course, its famous Chilean wines.
Great Chile Travel
Experience Great Chile Travel – turn your passion for adventure travel and for scenic wonders into an unforgettable vacation memory.
As the longest country in the world, Chile offers a wide array of choices from north to south.
Northern Chile . . .
- Key Cities – Arica, Iquique, Antofagasta, Calama, San Pedro de Atacama, Copiapó, La Serena, Coquimbo, Ovalle
- The Atacama Desert (the driest desert in the world)
- Ecotourism – Birding, Nature, Wildflowers, Cactus
- Adventure Tourism – Trekking, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Paragliding, Diving, Surfing, Kitesurfing, Windsurfing, Climbing, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering
- Archeological Tourism – Petroglyphs, Geoglyphs, Chinchorro mummies, Rock Paintings
- Altiplano Tourism – Lake Chungará, Parque Nacional Lauca, El Tatio Geyser
- Hot Springs
- Observatories – Mamalluca, Cerro Paranal, Las Campanas, Cerro Tololo, La Silla
Central Chile . . .
- Santiago – Chile’s cosmopolitan capital
- Central coastal cities – Valparaíso (known for its bold colors and rich architectural history), Viña del Mar (casino, high-rise buildings, luxury hotels, and garden), Reñaca, Concón (great location for beginner’s surfing)
- Additional popular coastal towns and beaches – Los Molles, Papudo, Zapallar, Cachagua, Maitencillo, Horcón, Quintero, Ritoque, Quintay, Algarrobo, El Quisco, El Tabo, Las Cruces, Cartagena, Pichilemu (Chile’s surfing capital), Constitución, Punta Pellines, Curanipe, Cobquecura, and Isla Negra (one of Pablo Neruda’s three homes)
- Vineyards, Wineries, & Wine Tours
- Skiing – Portillo, La Parva, Valle Nevado, El Colorado-Farellones, Chapa Verde, Termas de Chillán, Antuco Ski Center
- Hot Springs
- Additional key Cities/Towns/Villages – San Felipe, Los Andes, San Antonio, Rancagua, San Fernando, Santa Cruz, Curicó, Talca, Linares, Constitución, Chillan, Concepción, Lota, Los Ángeles
- Adventure Tourism – Trekking, Climbing, Horseback Riding, Paragliding, Diving, Surfing, Windsurfing, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Canoeing, Kayaking, Whitewater Rafting, Ice Climbing
- Rivers – Aconcagua, Mapocho, Maipo, Volcán, Yeso, Colorado, Cachapoal, Los Cipreses, Tinguiririca, Teno, Mataquito, Lontué, Claro, Maule, Ancoa, Achibueno, Ñuble
The Juan Fernández Archipelago – Isla Robinson Crusoe
Southern Chile . . .
Southern Chile travel includes:
- Lakes Region
- Hot Springs
- Key Cities/Towns/Villages – Angol, Temuco, Freire, Villarrica, Pucon, Lican Ray, Coñaripe, Liquiñe, Panguipulli, Valdivia, Niebla, Corral, Futrono, Isla Huapi, Llifén, Lago Ranco, Osorno, Frutillar, Puerto Octay, Puerto Montt, Ancud, Castro, Dalcahue, Quellon
- Skiing –
- Adventure Tourism – Trekking, Whitewater Rafting, Kayaking, Hiking Volcanoes, Mountain Biking, Horseback Riding, Canopy, Fly-Fishing, Camping
- Chiloé Islands
- Cultural Tourism
Patagonia . . .
- Torres del Paine
- Laguna San Rafael
Easter Island – (Isla de Pascua, Rapa Nui)
- Mysterious moai statues
- Hanga Roa – the island’s only town
- Rapa Nui National Park
- Island Tours, Camping, Diving, Mountain Biking, Horseback Riding, Jeep and Motorcycle Rentals
Chile is a great travel destination for diverse interests including. . .
- business trips
- adventure tourism
- group travels
- holiday travels
- Spanish language study & cultural immersion
- family vacations
- romantic getaways
- or an escape for total relaxation and rest
Chile travel offers something to people of all ages, no matter the interests
Our Chile Travel blog keeps our visitors informed about the best in Chile travel.
|Flights to Santiago Chile, Airline Information
How and where to find the best deals on flights to Santiago Chile, Airline Information
|Santiago International Airport
How to avoid delays and hassles at the Santiago International Airport
Ski Chile – Discover World Class Skiing & Ski Resorts at Portillo, Termas de Chillan
|Adventure Handbook Central Chile
Excellent trekking in Chile and hiking Chile opportunities are found throughout the Central Valley. The Adventure Handbook Central Chile is a must.
|Best Chile Travel Guides
Discover the beautiful country of Chile with the best Chile travel guides
|Chilean Adventures Full Service Adventure Travel
Chilean Adventures is a full service adventure travel and whitewater outfitter, and we are only 3 hours south from Santiago.
|Life in Chile
Great Chile Travel is our family’s small business web site. Our children have written about life in Chile and what they like it.